AMQP protocol version mismatch

Paolo
I have installed and configured RabbitMQ-server-2.8.6-1 on ubuntu 10.04. My java web application successfully connects using the library which is included in RabbitMQ-java-client-bin-2.8.6.
I repeated the same installation and configuration on centos 6.3.
hen the java application tries to connect to the server rabbit, takes the error:
"com.rabbitmq.client.MalformedFrameException: AMQP protocol version mismatch, we are version 0-9-1, server sent signature 1,1,0,10"

I tried the same configuration  on Ubuntu  and on Centos with RabbitMQ-server-2.7.1-1 and with the library AMQP-client-2.7.1.jar. The behavior is the same: it works on ubuntu but I have the same error message on centos

someone can give me some indication about ?
Thank you on advance
best regards

Re: AMQP protocol version mismatch

Gordon Sim-2
On 08/29/2012 10:39 AM, Paolo wrote:

> I have installed and configured RabbitMQ-server-2.8.6-1 on ubuntu 10.04.
> My java web application successfully connects using the library which is
> included in RabbitMQ-java-client-bin-2.8.6.
> I repeated the same installation and configuration on centos 6.3.
> When the java application tries to connect to the server rabbit, takes
> the error:
> "com.rabbitmq.client.MalformedFrameException: AMQP protocol version
> mismatch, we are version 0-9-1, server sent signature 1,1,0,10"
>
> I tried the same configuration on Ubuntu  and onCentos with
> RabbitMQ-server-2.7.1-1 and with the library AMQP-client-2.7.1.jar. The
> behavior is the same: it works on ubuntu but I have the same error
> message on centos
>
> someone can give me some indication about ?

My guess is that on centos you have a Qpid server running on the 5672
port, rather than RabbitMQ (they speak different versions of the
protocol). If you stop the qpidd service and start RabbitMQ you should
be fine.

Re: AMQP protocol version mismatch

Paolo
Thanks for your prompt response.
Maybe i explained wrong, the RabbitMQ server works fine: I can also use the plugin rabbitmq_management and view all active queues.
My problem is different, my application uses a library AMQP-client.jar to communicate with the server rabbit (AMQP-client-2.7.1.jar or AMQP-client-2.8.6.jar depending on the version of server).
Using this library trying to connect to the server
rabbit, i get the error
"com.rabbitmq.client.MalformedFrameException: AMQP protocol version
mismatch
, we are version 0-9-1, server sent signature 1,1,0,10. "
It seems that the client is incompatible with the server ...
which is not true because they interact properly with Ubuntu
Regards

On 08/29/2012 02:11 PM, Paolo wrote:
> Thanks for your prompt response.
> Maybe i explained wrong,

I suspect it was my answer that was not clear enough...

> the RabbitMQ server works fine: I can also use
> the plugin rabbitmq_management and view all active queues.
> My problem is different, my application uses a library AMQP-client.jar
> to communicate with the server rabbit (AMQP-client-2.7.1.jar or
> AMQP-client-2.8.6.jar depending on the version of server).
> Using this library trying to connect to the serverrabbit, iget the error
> "*com.rabbitmq.client.MalformedFrameException: AMQP protocol version
> mismatch* *, we are version 0-9-1, server sent signature 1,1,0,10**. *"
> It seems that the client is incompatible with the server

Right, and I suspect (I could of course be wrong!) that it is not
actually RabbitMQ your client is connecting to but a Qpid server (qpidd,
which supports version 0-10 as identified by the rejected protocol
header above).

Perhaps RabbitMQ was unable to listen on 5672 because it was already in
use by Qpid (because the qpidd service is enabled by default on Centos).
I'm not familiar enough with the management plugin to say for sure, but
I suspect that is communicating with the RabbitMQ server over HTTP or
some port other than 5672. You may see some errors in the RabbitMQ logs
however.

Try running /sbin/service qpidd status, if that shows something running,
try /sbin/service qpidd stop and then restart RabbitMQ and try your
client application again.

Re: AMQP protocol version mismatch

Paolo
I tried to do what suggested.
Stopping the service
"/
sbin/service qpidd stop"
and restarting RabbitMQ my application gets the error "Connection refused" as shown in the attached file
"TomcatErrorLogWithQpiddOFF.txt"
The server not working as shown in the image file "Server DOWN.jpg"

but starting the service qpidd
"/sbin/service qpidd start"
the error returned is the one shown in the attached file "TomcatErrorLogWithQpiddON.txt"
The server is working properly
and it is listening on port 5672  as shown in the attached file "Server UP.jpg"

I thought that the problem could be related to the version of the client and the server, but is in contradiction with the behavior on ubuntu where it seems to work properly
Thanks in advanced

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Gordon Sim <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

TomcatErrorLogWithQpiddOFF.txt (12K) Download Attachment
TomcatErrorLogWithQpiddON.txt (13K) Download Attachment
Server DOWN.jpg (136K) Download Attachment
Server UP.jpg (101K) Download Attachment

On 08/29/2012 04:21 PM, Paolo wrote:

> I tried to do what suggested.
> Stopping the service
> "/sbin/service qpidd stop"
> and restarting RabbitMQ my application gets the error "Connection
> refused" as shown in the attached file "TomcatErrorLogWithQpiddOFF.txt"
> The server notworking as shown in the image file "Server DOWN.jpg"
>
> but starting the service qpidd
> "/sbin/service qpidd start"
> the error returned is the one shown in the attached file
> "TomcatErrorLogWithQpiddON.txt"
> The server is working properly and it is listening on port 5672as shown
> in the attached file "Server UP.jpg"
>
> I thought that the problem could be related to the version of the client
> and the server, but is in contradiction with the behavior on ubuntu
> where it seems to work properly

I think this confirms that it is qpidd running on 5672. When started you
get a protocol version error; when stopped there is nothing listening.

While qpidd is listening on 5672, RabbitMQ will be unable to do so.
However when you stop qpidd and restart RabbitMQ, it *should* then start
listening. If it dod not do so, as you indicate above, there may be some
other configuration error. What do the logs say for RabbitMQ after the
restart? Any errors or warnings?

Re: AMQP protocol version mismatch

Paolo MCR
Dear Gordon
I thank you very much for your help.
I verified that the
port 5672 is actually used by the process qpidd.
I changed
the listening port of the RabbitMQ server and the application worked properly.
Thanks again

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Gordon Sim <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Gruppo MCR S.r.l.

Paolo CRUCIANI

Sede Legale: Via Menotti Garibaldi, 15 - 00049 - Velletri - RM
Sede Operativa: Via Tuscolana, 990 - 00174 - Roma - RM
Sede Operativa: Via Valla, 16 - 20141 - Milano - MI

Tel.: +39.06.64730509
Fax: +39.06.64730730
Cell.: +39.349.8182271