Alternate exchange in Rabbit MQ

dilip.aim11
Hi All ,

I am trying to use Alternate exchange Property of Rabbit MQ -
This is My Step -

1 I created exchange Called - AEX
2 Create Q - TestQ
3 Bind with RK -  RK

Now -
4 - Created Another Exchange  - EmptyEX -
 in Alternate exchange Text Box given  - AEX

--------------
Both Exchange are Direct -
Now when i am simply publishing the message to EmptyEX  from management window -
i AM GETTING MESSAGE - Message published, but not routed.
but my message is not coming to Q - TestQ
i am following
http://www.rabbitmq.com/ae.html

Please help me on this where i am wrong .
Thanks .

Re: Alternate exchange in Rabbit MQ

Michael Klishin-2
 On 1 April 2014 at 15:50:11, dilip.aim11 ([hidden email]) wrote:

> > 1 I created exchange Called - AEX
> 2 Create Q - TestQ
> 3 Bind with RK - RK
>
> Now -
> 4 - Created Another Exchange - EmptyEX -
> in Alternate exchange Text Box given - AEX
>
> --------------
> Both Exchange are Direct -
> Now when i am simply publishing the message to EmptyEX from management
> window -
> i AM GETTING MESSAGE - Message published, but not routed.
> but my message is not coming to Q - TestQ
> i am following
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/ae.html
>
> Please help me on this where i am wrong .

Can you post some relevant parts of your code? The problem can be
with AEX bindings to TestQ but can also be elsewhere.

Re: Alternate exchange in Rabbit MQ

dilip.aim11
Hi
i am using WEB UI
so there is no code involved

i already verified if i m publishing message from AEX  .  message is coming to TestQ

On 1 April 2014 at 16:17:09, dilip.aim11 ([hidden email]) wrote:
> > i already verified if i m publishing message from AEX . message
> is coming
> to TestQ

Try with two exchanges of type fanout first.

It should make no difference if you publish to AEX (bound to a queue)
or to another exchange that sets up AEX as an alternate exchange.

So perhaps you have a routing key mismatch with direct exchanges.

Re: Alternate exchange in Rabbit MQ

dilip.aim11
Hi ,

if for EmptyEX i m publishing message  with RK -
so message is going to TestQ.
is it AE ?
my requirement something . that my message should go all the Queue Of AEX .
i can not make AEX as Fanout .
There is anything else from which i can achieve this ??
Thnkx for ur suggestion ..

On 1 April 2014 at 16:39:57, dilip.aim11 ([hidden email]) wrote:
> > if for EmptyEX i m publishing message with RK -
> so message is going to TestQ.
> is it AE ?

A message published to AE with routing key RK should be routed to TestQ.
Then, when you publish it to another exchange *and* it cannot be routed
anywhere, it will be [re]published to AE.

> my requirement something . that my message should go all the Queue
> Of AEX .
> i can not make AEX as Fanout .

Do you mean “shoult not go to all the queues”?

> There is anything else from which i can achieve this ??

My guess is that if your exchange E performs the routing,
then messages never reach AE.

In any case, my suggestion to use fanouts was to see if the problem
is with routing or your exchange attributes (alternate exchange setup).
Fanouts completely avoid all the issues with routing keys.