CRL support & verify_fun

Dmitry Malinovsky
Hi,

I need help with a custom verify_fun to have an ability to read CRL pem file and validate client certificates (since RabbitMQ/Erlang does not support it).

I'm not Erlang programmer (I'm more about Python), and I have some troubles with understanding things.
Documentation says that I can specify a custom verify_fun this way:
{verify_fun, {Module, Function}}

Where should I put my Module (e.g. mymod.beam) contains Function (e.g. check_crl/1) to make sure that RabbitMQ will find and use this Module? Should I specify Function's arity in the config file?

Thanks!

Re: CRL support & verify_fun

Matthias Radestock-3

Write a custom plug-in. https://www.rabbitmq.com/plugin-development.html

> Should I specify Function's arity in the config file?

No.

Re: CRL support & verify_fun

Dmitry Malinovsky
On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 6:19 PM, Matthias Radestock <[hidden email]> wrote:
Write a custom plug-in. https://www.rabbitmq.com/plugin-development.html

Should I really implement all this application stuff just to have an ability to get access to a single function? Also, this "plugin" will not have any behavior, it is not even an application, so I'm really stuck.

Dmitry Malinovsky
Support Engineer
Thumbtack Technology
Email: [hidden email][hidden email]
Skype: d_malinoff

Re: CRL support & verify_fun

Tim Watson-6
On 15 Apr 2014, at 13:02, Dmitry Malinovsky wrote:

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 6:19 PM, Matthias Radestock <[hidden email]> wrote:
Write a custom plug-in. https://www.rabbitmq.com/plugin-development.html

Should I really implement all this application stuff just to have an ability to get access to a single function? Also, this "plugin" will not have any behavior, it is not even an application, so I'm really stuck.

Well, Rabbit (and in this case actually, Erlang) needs to know about the "application" so it knows to load the various modules (i.e., code) at runtime. Also note that in Erlang, applications come in both active and passive guises, with applications that have no processes treated in much the same way as those that do. The latter kind are often called "library applications", and still need to specify an application config file so the Erlang runtime knows what to do with them.

Cheers,
Tim