Can't delete guest user..

ranjitiyer
Group,

We are integrating RabbitMQ into our software and expose a simple API to start/stop RabbitMQ.

When someone starts RabbitMQ I reset the node, start it, add a user and delete the guest user. When I delete the guest user (rabbitmqctl delete_user guest) I always get this error. Not sure what it means. Read Simon's answer to a similar sounding question in which he said it's related to the resetting of the node.

Deleting user "guest" ...
Error: {noproc,{gen_server2,call,
                            [worker_pool,{next_free,<5098.105.0>},infinity]}}

Ranjit

Re: Can't delete guest user..

Simon MacMullen-2
On 12/06/2014 6:59PM, ranjitiyer wrote:
> When someone starts RabbitMQ I reset the node, start it, add a user and
> delete the guest user.

I think this is a race, you are trying to add or delete users before the
node has finished starting.

I'll file a bug to make the resultant error message clearer.

You should investigate using
http://www.rabbitmq.com/man/rabbitmqctl.1.man.html#wait in your tooling,
so that you know when the server is completely started.

Cheers, Simon

> When I delete the guest user (rabbitmqctl delete_user
> guest) I always get this error. Not sure what it means. Read Simon's answer
> to a similar sounding question in which he said it's related to the
> resetting of the node.
>
> Deleting user "guest" ...
> Error: {noproc,{gen_server2,call,
>
> [worker_pool,{next_free,<5098.105.0>},infinity]}}
>
> Ranjit

Re: Can't delete guest user..

ranjitiyer
Thanks Simon. That is consistent with what I observed as well. If I stepped through my program in a debugger it would work fine, indicating that it was a race condition. I put in a bunch of Sleep statements to make it work, but I'll use wait as you suggest for a cleaner solution.

Thanks!