Channel Name displayed in the Visualiser

Channel Name displayed in the Visualiser

Gotthard, Petr
Hello,
The rabbitmq_management_visualiser shows a list of channels. Usually the text (Channel Name) displayed is something like "10.10.10.51:48482 -> 192.168.0.21:5672 (3)".
Is there a way how to e.g. display a (reverse DNS) hostname instead of IP address, or otherwise make the displayed Channel Name more user/audience friendly? On one machine and for some channels only we see a Node Name displayed instead.

Thanks,
Petr

Re: Channel Name displayed in the Visualiser

Simon MacMullen-2
On 01/10/12 09:47, Gotthard, Petr wrote:
> Hello, The rabbitmq_management_visualiser shows a list of channels.
> Usually the text (Channel Name) displayed is something like
> "10.10.10.51:48482 ->  192.168.0.21:5672 (3)". Is there a way how to
> e.g. display a (reverse DNS) hostname instead of IP address, or
> otherwise make the displayed Channel Name more user/audience
> friendly?

Not at the moment - it's been on the wishlist for some time.

One complicating factor is that reverse DNS isn't always very reliable
or fast. It might still happen at some point though.

> On one machine and for some channels only we see a Node
> Name displayed instead.

Those would presumably be direct connections from the Erlang client?

RabbitMQ, VMware