Clients with multiple protocol

Mathew Joy
Hi,

RabitMQ supports multiple protocols. Does mean clients implemented in different protocols can talk to each other? For Ex. one client in AMQP and another in Stomp.

I think the answer is No or not recommended but just to confirm.

Regards,
Mathew Joy

PS: Answers here seems to be sparse.

Re: Clients with multiple protocol

Gavin M. Roy-2

From: Mathew Joy [hidden email]
Reply: Discussions about RabbitMQ [hidden email]
Date: May 26, 2014 at 7:02:21 PM
To: [hidden email] [hidden email]
Subject:  [rabbitmq-discuss] Clients with multiple protocol

Hi,

RabitMQ supports multiple protocols. Does mean clients implemented in different protocols can talk to each other? For Ex. one client in AMQP and another in Stomp.

Yes, they can.  STOMP and MQTT messages are translated to AMQP when published via STOMP and MQTT. AMQP messages are translated to STOMP and MQTT when they are delivered via either protocol.

Gavin

On 23/05/14 21:30, Mathew Joy wrote:
> RabitMQ supports multiple protocols. Does mean clients implemented in
> different protocols can talk to each other?

Yes. See, for example, http://www.rabbitmq.com/stomp.html, which goes to
some length explaining the interoperability between AMQP and STOMP.

> PS: Answers here seems to be sparse.

What were you searching for that failed to bring up the above documentation?

On 27 May 2014 at 03:02:48, Mathew Joy ([hidden email]) wrote:
> > Does mean clients implemented in different protocols can talk
> to each other? For Ex. one client in AMQP and another in Stomp.

That's the point of supporting multiple protocols ;)

Re: Clients with multiple protocol

Mathew Joy
Thanks for the answers.

I was using the GoogleGroups and I don't find many replies. Switching to MarkMail shows all the replies. So, yes, there are a ton of answers :)

Regards,
Mathew Joy