Clustering RabbitMQ

vmadhipatla

We are trying to cluster multiple nodes.
We copied .erlang.cookie from first node and put it in the other nodes in /var/lib/rabbitmq folder.
We changed the ownership for the copied cookie file to rabbitmq. We also gave the right permissions.
We start the 2nd node using service rabbitmq-server start.  The rabbitmq-server starts fine.  But we see a message like rabbitmq failed to start. But when we see the logs, there is no error in any of the logs.

The 2nd issue is, rabbitmqctl doesn't work in other nodes. It works fine in the first node from which .erlang.cookie is copied.  when we do rabbitmqctrl cluster_status, We can see all the nodes in the cluster.
But when we try to do any command in rabbitmqctl in other nodes to which .erlang.cookie is copied, it fails as below.

[root@fmdeploy52 bin]# rabbitmqctl cluster_status
Error: could not recognise command

Any idea?

Thanks