Consumer Cancellation in 3.3

vish.ramachandran
Hi,

We are planning to use the sstone client at https://github.com/sstone/amqp-client for our scala based RabbitMQ client.

The library depends on RMQ java client version 3.2.1
"com.rabbitmq"         % "amqp-client"          % "3.2.1"

The sstone amqp client does not handle consumer cancelations in that it does not reconsume from queue when this notification is received. Bug has been filed and is being worked on.

However, if we upgrade our servers to RabbitMQ 3.3 can we use the same version of the library safely. I noticed that RabbitMQ 3.3 does not require clients to reconsume when master fails in a HA situation. The enhancement I am referring to is:

26070 automatically reconsume when mirrored queues fail over (and
      introduce x-cancel-on-ha-failover argument for the old behaviour)

Thanks
Vish

Re: Consumer Cancellation in 3.3

Michael Klishin-2
On 8 April 2014 at 04:33:35, vish.ramachandran ([hidden email]) wrote:

> > However, if we upgrade our servers to RabbitMQ 3.3 can we use
> the same
> version of the library safely. I noticed that RabbitMQ 3.3 does
> not require
> clients to reconsume when master fails in a HA situation. The
> enhancement I
> am referring to is:
>
> 26070 automatically reconsume when mirrored queues fail over
> (and
> introduce x-cancel-on-ha-failover argument for the old behaviour)

Your understanding is correct.