Error while starting server

Goel, Tanmay

Hi,

I have recently started using RabbitMQ. It has been working fine for me until today. When I try to start the server, I get this error. I have also attached the auto-generated crash/dump report. Please have a look and see if somebody has a suggestion about what the problem might be.

C:\Program Files\erl5.5.5\lib\rabbitmq-server-1.1.0-alpha\sbin>rabbitmq-server.bat

RabbitMQ 1.1.0-alpha (AMQP 8-0)

Copyright (C) 2007 LShift Ltd., Cohesive Financial Technologies LLC., and Rabbit

 Technologies Ltd.

Licensed under the MPL.  See http://www.rabbitmq.com/

starting database             ...done

starting core processes       ...done

starting recovery             ...done

starting persister            ...{"init terminating in do_boot",{{nocatch,{error

,{cannot_start_rabbit,{bad_return,{{rabbit,start,[normal,[]]},{'EXIT',{{badmatch

,{error,{shutdown,{child,undefined,rabbit_persister_sup,{rabbit_persister_sup,st

art_link,[]},transient,infinity,supervisor,[rabbit_persister_sup]}}}},[{rabbit,s

tart_persister,0},{rabbit,'-start/2-fun-4-',0},{rabbit,'-start/2-fun-0-',1},{lis

ts,foreach,2},{rabbit,start,2},{application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}}}},[{ini

t,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump

init terminating in do_boot ()

Tanmay

erl_crash.dump (768K) Download Attachment

Re: Error while starting server

Ben Hood
Tanmay,

> I have recently started using RabbitMQ. It has been working fine for me
> until today. When I try to start the server, I get this error. I have also
> attached the auto-generated crash/dump report. Please have a look and see if
> somebody has a suggestion about what the problem might be.

Do you get the same error if you start rabbit using an erlang shell, i.e.

C:\Program Files\erl5.5.5\lib\rabbitmq-server-1.1.0-alpha> erl -pa
ebin -boot start_sasl -mnesia dir <SOME_DIRECTORY> -s rabbit

?

HTH,

Ben

Goel, Tanmay wrote:
> I have recently started using RabbitMQ. It has been working fine for me
> until today. When I try to start the server, I get this error. I have
> also attached the auto-generated crash/dump report. Please have a look
> and see if somebody has a suggestion about what the problem might be.

Did anything get written to the rabbit.log and rabbit-sasl.log files? I
see you are running on Windows, where these files are normally found in
the rabbitmq sub-directory of your home directory, i.e. usually
C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\rabbitmq.

Re: Error while starting server

Goel, Tanmay
Yes, here they are.

> I have recently started using RabbitMQ. It has been working fine for
me
> until today. When I try to start the server, I get this error. I have
> also attached the auto-generated crash/dump report. Please have a look

> and see if somebody has a suggestion about what the problem might be.

Did anything get written to the rabbit.log and rabbit-sasl.log files? I
see you are running on Windows, where these files are normally found in
the rabbitmq sub-directory of your home directory, i.e. usually
C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\rabbitmq.

rabbit.log (2K) Download Attachment
rabbit-sasl.log (15K) Download Attachment

Re: Error while starting server

Matthias Radestock-2
Tanmay,

"Goel, Tanmay" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Yes, here they are.

Congratulations. You have found a bug!

It's a simple arity error when attempting to redeliver persistet
messages after a restart.

The fix for the bug will be in the next release.

Meanwhile, the easiest workaround to get you up and running again is to
delete the existing persistet messages, assuming of course that you can
afford to lose them. To do so just delete the rabbit_persister.LOG and
rabbit_persister.LOG.previous files. These normally reside in
C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\rabbitmq\rabbit-mnesia.