Firehose behaviour for acks

Gotthard, Petr

Hello,

I’d need to know when messages get delivered to consumers, but the Firehose Tracer publishes the "deliver.queuename" message only when the message leaves the broker. Unfortunately, it’s not enough for us to know that the message left the broker, we really need to know it has been delivered.

Did you ever come across this problem?

One solution could be to modify the Firehose to send some tracing message after ack has been received. If we propose such extension, is there a chance to get it accepted into the mainstream? Or you have some other solution in mind?

Thanks,

Petr

Re: Firehose behaviour for acks

Simon MacMullen-2
Yes, that's a limitation.

There's a half worked on patch somewhere to get the firehose to
(optionally) report on all AMQP methods. I abandoned it because it was
quite involved and it wasn't obvious anyone would care.

In the absence of that, the only real option is to use the Java client's
AMQP tracer proxy instead: http://www.rabbitmq.com/api-guide.html#tracer
- or something like Wireshark.

Cheers, Simon