Hello, Security Query

Gu,Aiguo

Hi All,

                I have installed RabbitMQ Server on Win7, and the RabbitMQ service works fine with privilege account(Local System), if I changed the logon account with non-privilege, the service cannot be started. Could you please confirm the privilege account is necessary for the RabbitMQ service?

Best Regards

Bruce Gu

Re: Hello, Security Query

Gu,Aiguo
Can RabbitMQ service be installed with "normal" account (e.g. local user account or domain account) and work as usual with such account?
In our production environment LocalSystem is not allowed to run service as it's too highly-privileged, therefore we have to run the service with ordinary account. Is it possible to run RabbitMQ service this way?

Re: Hello, Security Query

Tim Watson-6
I don't really know about running services as a "normal" user account, but since we run via the erlsrv program, which is itself a windows service, you should be able to change the "Run As" using the services applet. I can't remember if there are limitations to that, since I've not used it for quite a while. Since a degree of privilege is required to run an application that communicates with the outside world, you might wish to consider using Windows' built in "Network Services" account, if your policy permits.

Cheers,
Tim

On 19 Mar 2014, at 07:30, Gu,Aiguo wrote:

> Can RabbitMQ service be installed with "normal" account (e.g. local user
> account or domain account) and work as usual with such account?
> In our production environment LocalSystem is not allowed to run service as
> it's too highly-privileged, therefore we have to run the service with
> ordinary account. Is it possible to run RabbitMQ service this way?

Re: Hello, Security Query

Gu,Aiguo
I follow the guide: http://geneabase.com/docs/RabbitMQ_setup
And RabbitMQ could running under normal local account(not "Local System" account), but it can not run a domain account, I am not sure it could be under domain account. Do you have any ideas?