How join 2 queues in 1 ?

rabbit15
Hi I want to join (concat) 2 queues in 1 queue.
My scenario is : I have added messages in two separate queues, after some time I want to make concatenation of my messages from second queue on the end of my first queue.
Best Regrads,
Artur

Re: How join 2 queues in 1 ?

Alvaro Videla-2
Hi,

There's no automatic way of doing this*.

You can either:

- consume messages from one queue and republish on the second one, or
- setup a dead letter exchange with the second queue bound to it, and
then consume and reject the messages from the first queue so they get
dead lettered: http://www.rabbitmq.com/dlx.html

*There's also the Shovel plugin that could do this "automatically":
http://www.rabbitmq.com/shovel.html

Regards,

Alvaro

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 12:02 PM, rabbit15 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi I want to join (concat) 2 queues in 1 queue.
> My scenario is : I have added messages in two separate queues, after some
> time I want to make concatenation of my messages from second queue on the
> end of my first queue.
> Best Regrads,
> Artur

Re: How join 2 queues in 1 ?

Matthias Radestock-3
On 02/04/14 11:07, Alvaro Videla wrote:
> *There's also the Shovel plugin that could do this "automatically":
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/shovel.html

The upcoming RabbitMQ 3.3.0 release introduces dynamic shovels,
including shovels that delete themselves after emptying the source queue.

http://next.rabbitmq.com/shovel-dynamic.html

Re: How join 2 queues in 1 ?

rabbit15
Thanks a lot!

Artur

Re: How join 2 queues in 1 ?

Steve Powell-2
Hmm; that’s interesting. I might be able to get JMS queue selectors working with a feature like this.

Steve Powell  [Cell: +44-7815-838-558]
    Good design [] is as little design as possible.    Dieter Rams