Quantcast

List all bindings for an exchange

Kapil Goyal
Hi,

How do I list all bindings for an exchange using AMQP or the management API?

Thanks
Kapil

Re: List all bindings for an exchange

Kapil Goyal
Thanks Brett. I did already go through the available management plugin API and didn’t find a way to do what I want, which is to get all bindings for an exchange. I can see this information on the management plugin UI, when I click on an exchange and go into its details, so there must be a way to do it. Here are all the REST APIs that provide bindings:

/api/exchanges/vhost/name/bindings/source – provides bindings between two exchanges
/api/exchanges/vhost/name/bindings/destination – provides bindings between two exchanges
/api/queues/vhost/name/bindings – provides all bindings for a queue. I am looking for a similar API for exchanges.
/api/bindings – provides all bindings in RMQ
/api/bindings/vhost – provides all bindings in a virtual host
/api/bindings/vhost/e/exchange/q/queue – provides all bindings between an exchange and a queue
/api/bindings/vhost/e/source/e/destination – provides all bindings between two exchanges

So, as you can see, there is no API that provides all bindings for a given exchange. Am I missing something or is it not possible? How does management UI display this information in the exchange details page?

Thanks
Kapil

Re: List all bindings for an exchange

Michael Klishin-4
On 19 August 2014 at 21:10:42, Kapil Goyal ([hidden email]) wrote:
> > I did already go through the available management plugin API
> and didn’t find a way to do what I want, which is to get all bindings
> for an exchange. I can see this information on the management
> plugin UI, when I click on an exchange and go into its details,
> so there must be a way to do it.

We first need to define what "bindings on an exchange" means. Is the exchange
supposed to be the source in the binding (as in, when queues or exchanges are bound to it),
or a destination (when it is bound to other exchanges)

> Here are all the REST APIs that provide
> bindings:
>
> /api/exchanges/vhost/name/bindings/source – provides bindings
> between two exchanges
> /api/exchanges/vhost/name/bindings/destination – provides
> bindings between two exchanges

/api/exchanges/{vhost}/{name}/bindings/source lists all bindings
where exchange {name} in vhost {vhost} is the source (things are bound to it).

Likewise, /api/exchanges/{vhost}/{name}/bindings/destination lists bindings
when exchange {exchange} in vhost {vhost} is the destination.

Pick which one of the above you want (or maybe both).

By the way, the list has moved to rabbitmq-users, please start new discussions
there:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/rabbitmq-users

Re: List all bindings for an exchange

Kapil Goyal
Thanks Michael.

>> /api/exchanges/{vhost}/{name}/bindings/source lists all bindings
>> where exchange {name} in vhost {vhost} is the source (things are bound
>>to it).

This is exactly what I was looking for, but I mistook Œsource¹ to be a
variable and that I was supposed to provide the name of another exchange
here.

>> By the way, the list has moved to rabbitmq-users, please start new
>>discussions there:

I will.

Regards
Kapil