Minor troubles with rabbitmq-management-visualiser plugin in 3.0.1

Minor troubles with rabbitmq-management-visualiser plugin in 3.0.1

Gotthard, Petr

[Let me resend this question. Some people replied to my original e-mail just to ask another question, so I think my question might have disappeared from your tracking system.]

Hello,

In the rabbitmq 3.0.1

(1) The visualizer still asks for HTTP authentication, while the whole web management uses a new log-in dialog. This means that I need to log-in twice: once using the log-in dialog (to enter the web management) and then for the second time when I enter the visualizer.

(2) The visualizer now doesn’t display the RabbitMQ logo. Problem is that the logo is (well, used to be) the only way how to leave the visualization screen and switch to another web management screen. Is it a bug or a feature? ;-)

Based on what I have seen in Github, the rabbitmq-management-visualiser have not been updated in 3.0. Could this be the problem?

(I’m using Firefox 17.0.1)

Regards,

Petr

Re: Minor troubles with rabbitmq-management-visualiser plugin in 3.0.1

Tim Watson-6
Hi Petr

On 21 Dec 2012, at 10:43, Gotthard, Petr wrote:

> [Let me resend this question. Some people replied to my original e-mail just to ask another question, so I think my question might have disappeared from your tracking system.]
>
> Hello,
> In the rabbitmq 3.0.1
>
> (1) The visualizer still asks for HTTP authentication, while the whole web management uses a new log-in dialog. This means that I need to log-in twice: once using the log-in dialog (to enter the web management) and then for the second time when I enter the visualizer.

That looks like an oversight on our part. Certainly I don't see any commits in the history indicating that the visualiser was worked on between 2.8.7 and 3.0.1. I'll file a bug to look into this.

> (2) The visualizer now doesn’t display the RabbitMQ logo. Problem is that the logo is (well, used to be) the only way how to leave the visualization screen and switch to another web management screen. Is it a bug or a feature? ;-)

He he - I guess it's probably not a feature eh!? I'll file a bug to look into that too.

> Based on what I have seen in Github, the rabbitmq-management-visualiser have not been updated in 3.0. Could this be the problem?
> (I’m using Firefox 17.0.1)

Sounds like it. Thanks for reporting this!

Cheers,
Tim

Re: Minor troubles with rabbitmq-management-visualiser plugin in 3.0.1

Matthias Radestock-3
On 21/12/12 10:57, Tim Watson wrote:
> On 21 Dec 2012, at 10:43, Gotthard, Petr wrote:
>> (1) The visualizer still asks for HTTP authentication
> That looks like an oversight on our part. [...] I'll file a bug to
> look into this.

This is a known problem and there's a bug filed for it already.

>> (2) The visualizer now doesn’t display the RabbitMQ logo. Problem
>> is that the logo is (well, used to be) the only way how to leave
>> the visualization screen and switch to another web management
>> screen. Is it a bug or a feature? ;-)
>
> He he - I guess it's probably not a feature eh!? I'll file a bug to
> look into that too.

I've tagged this onto the existing bug.