Per message publish confirms

4everinbeta
Is it possible to set-up an exchange to not use publish confirms but, if a given client sends a message that is of higher importance, to specify a flag to require a publish confirm for that/those messages?

Essentially, I have an application that set-up on exchange with default global flag for durable messaging. Due to perf issues, we typically have this set to false. However, we now have a couple clients of our application that would like to require publish confirms.

Is this even possible? Is there a better practice?

--
-rb

Re: Per message publish confirms

michaelklishin

Is it possible to set-up an exchange to not use publish confirms but, if a given client sends a message that is of higher importance, to specify a flag to require a publish confirm for that/those messages?

Essentially, I have an application that set-up on exchange with default global flag for durable messaging. Due to perf issues, we typically have this set to false. However, we now have a couple clients of our application that would like to require publish confirms.

Publisher confirms are per channels.

Use a separate channel that has confirms enabled.

http://github.com/michaelklishin
http://twitter.com/michaelklishin

Re: Per message publish confirms

Matthias Radestock-3
On 11/03/14 22:37, Michael Klishin wrote:

> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>     Is it possible to set-up an exchange to not use publish confirms
>     but, if a given client sends a message that is of higher importance,
>     to specify a flag to require a publish confirm for that/those messages?
>
>     Essentially, I have an application that set-up on exchange with
>     default global flag for durable messaging. Due to perf issues, we
>     typically have this set to false. However, we now have a couple
>     clients of our application that would like to require publish confirms.
>

> Publisher confirms are per channels.
>
> Use a separate channel that has confirms enabled.

Also note that exchange durability

a) has zero impact on messaging performance - it only affects exchange
and binding creation/deletion, and

b) has absolutely nothing to do with confirms