Performance Implications of Federation Policies without Uplinks?

Performance Implications of Federation Policies without Uplinks?

Chris-3
Hi RabbitMQ Gurus,

I would like to know if there is any performance penalty for having federation policies in place if there are no defined uplinks?

Use Case: I'd like to configure all of the policies as part of the baseline config of my server, which may or may not eventually be used with federation.  Then when it comes time to federate, I just need to define the uplink and I'm done (or when it comes time to unfederate I just remove the uplink and I'm done).  Since many servers may never actually define uplinks, however, I want to ensure the pre-configured federation policies don't have any negative impact.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Performance Implications of Federation Policies without Uplinks?

Michael Klishin

On Oct 10, 2013, at 1:14 AM, Chris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to know if there is any performance penalty for having federation policies in place if there are no defined uplinks?

No. Federation will run inside the same VM as Rabbit and consume a tiny
amount of RAM but throughput and latency should not be affected.

Also, load testing your cluster with MulticastMain would provide a much more
accurate answers ;)