Quantcast

Perl client?

David Cornell-2

Hello,

I am evaluating RabbitMQ this week. I am wondering if anyone knows if a
Perl client exists or is in development?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Re: Perl client?

Ben Hood
Dave,

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 2:36 AM, David Cornell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am evaluating RabbitMQ this week. I am wondering if anyone knows if a
> Perl client exists or is in development?

I did gather in some other discussion that a member of the Rabbit
community was contemplating writing a Perl client, but I don't know
how far they got with that contemplation.

If you would like, it would not be a hard task to implement one
yourself - here is a guide about to build your own client:
http://hopper.squarespace.com/blog/2008/6/21/build-your-own-amqp-client.html

HTH,

Ben

Re: Perl client?

David Cornell-2

Thanks Ben, I will attempt to make one and report back.

Dave

Re: Perl client?

Ben Hood
David,

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 7:09 PM, David Cornell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks Ben, I will attempt to make one and report back.

Cool. If you need any help at all, you can catch me on IM.

There are also a few guys writing a Ruby client ATM and their
preliminary work is on Github, so you can just search for AMQP on
Github.

That might also be a resource for you as well as being able to share
some ideas, solution patterns and gotchas.

HTH,

Ben

Re: Perl client?

Aman Gupta-4
You might find this helpful if you're writing a client: http://github.com/tmm1/amqp/tree/3cc235715c9ffec2e10d89c281a76bd67cf7d4d6/protocol/doc.txt

It documents all the packets exchanged between the server and client during a typical session, in both their binary and decoded forms.

  Aman

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 2:59 AM, Ben Hood <[hidden email]> wrote:
David,

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 7:09 PM, David Cornell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks Ben, I will attempt to make one and report back.

Cool. If you need any help at all, you can catch me on IM.

There are also a few guys writing a Ruby client ATM and their
preliminary work is on Github, so you can just search for AMQP on
Github.

That might also be a resource for you as well as being able to share
some ideas, solution patterns and gotchas.

HTH,

Ben

Re: Perl client?

David Cornell-2

Update:

It appears Eric Rybski has proposed a module for inclusion  in the
NET::AMQP namespace. Apparently he is working on a Perl XS wrapper that
will interface with the OpenAMQ WireAPI client library (AMQP/0.9). He is
also contemplating a pure perl implementation.  I'll email him and see
how far along he is or if he needs any help.

http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.modules/2008/06/msg60950.html

Re: Perl client?

Ben Hood
David,

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 12:38 AM, David Cornell
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> It appears Eric Rybski has proposed a module for inclusion  in the
> NET::AMQP namespace. Apparently he is working on a Perl XS wrapper that
> will interface with the OpenAMQ WireAPI client library (AMQP/0.9). He is
> also contemplating a pure perl implementation.  I'll email him and see
> how far along he is or if he needs any help.

It would be good if you could contact him. If he needs any help, we're
more than happy to assist.

If he needs some general guidance with 0-8 and/or the upcoming
revision to 0-9, then this is a good place to ask.

HTH,

Ben