Queue TTL

charles.sartori
Hello,

I am trying to set my queue to expire in 3 months, looking at docs[1], I should set x-expires to 3 months(in milliseconds), Of course, 3months in miliseconds is to big and I can't do that, I can set expires to max 7 days(in miliseconds).

Is there other way to set queue ttl?

[1] http://www.rabbitmq.com/ttl.html#queue-ttl

Re: Queue TTL

Simon MacMullen-2
On 21/05/2014 21:24, [hidden email] wrote:
> I am trying to set my queue to expire in 3 months, looking at docs[1], I
> should set x-expires to 3 months(in milliseconds), Of course, 3months in
> miliseconds is to big and I can't do that, I can set expires to max 7
> days(in miliseconds).

I'm afraid not, it's a known limitation.

Re: Queue TTL

Matthias Radestock-3
On 22/05/14 09:38, Simon MacMullen wrote:
> On 21/05/2014 21:24, [hidden email] wrote:
>> I am trying to set my queue to expire in 3 months, looking at docs[1], I
>> should set x-expires to 3 months(in milliseconds), Of course, 3months in
>> miliseconds is to big and I can't do that, I can set expires to max 7
>> days(in miliseconds).
>
> I'm afraid not, it's a known limitation.

...in the broker, which can only cope with timers of 2^32-1 milliseconds
max duration. That's 49.7 days though, not 7.

REMOVE ME

饿鬼一个

From:  "Matthias Radestock";<[hidden email]>;
Date:  Thu, May 22, 2014 05:02 PM
Subject:  Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] Queue TTL

On 22/05/14 09:38, Simon MacMullen wrote:
> On 21/05/2014 21:24, [hidden email] wrote:
>> I am trying to set my queue to expire in 3 months, looking at docs[1], I
>> should set x-expires to 3 months(in milliseconds), Of course, 3months in
>> miliseconds is to big and I can't do that, I can set expires to max 7
>> days(in miliseconds).
>
> I'm afraid not, it's a known limitation.

...in the broker, which can only cope with timers of 2^32-1 milliseconds
max duration. That's 49.7 days though, not 7.

|Spam| Re: Queue TTL

charles.sartori
Thank you Simon.

Charles Sartori

Porto Alegre, Brasil + 55 51 3012 3005
Miami, USA + 1 305 704 8816

Quaisquer informações contidas neste e-mail e anexos podem ser confidenciais e privilegiadas, protegidas por sigilo legal. Qualquer forma de utilização deste documento depende de autorização do emissor, sujeito as penalidades cabíveis.

Any information in this e-mail and attachments may be confidential and privileged, protected by legal confidentiality. The use of this document require authorization by the issuer, subject to penalties.

On 22/05/14 14:14, Charles Sartori wrote:
> Do you know if is it a bug and will be fixed in the future versions?

I would say "limitation" rather than "bug" but it might get fixed. It
depends how much demand there is.

Re: Queue TTL

charles.sartori
Hello,

We were about to move from an ActiveMQ cluster to a RabbitMQ one. RabbitMQ is really great, and right now this limitation is the only thing preventing us to migrate.

Is this a hard thing to solve? We can definitely try to help or even work in a patch. Can you point us to a bug ticket or something like that?

Thanks again!

Charles Sartori

Porto Alegre, Brasil + 55 51 3012 3005
Miami, USA + 1 305 704 8816

Quaisquer informações contidas neste e-mail e anexos podem ser confidenciais e privilegiadas, protegidas por sigilo legal. Qualquer forma de utilização deste documento depende de autorização do emissor, sujeito as penalidades cabíveis.

Any information in this e-mail and attachments may be confidential and privileged, protected by legal confidentiality. The use of this document require authorization by the issuer, subject to penalties.

Thank you again Simon.

On 23/05/2014 14:36, Charles Sartori wrote:
> Is this a hard thing to solve? We can definitely try to help or even
> work in a patch. Can you point us to a bug ticket or something like that?

I started looking at how hard it would be and that lead naturally onto
working on it...

Our bug tracker is not public but the branch in hg is bug26204.