RPC with Erlang client

Jones, Richard
Greetings Rabbiteers,

I've noticed that the RPC server that comes with the Erlang client doesn't acknowledge messages. This has the effect of replaying all previous RPC requests whenever the system is restarted. I've looked at the equivalent code in the Java client, and it does a 'basic.ack' after the result of the call has been sent to the reply queue.

So, with this in mind I humbly submit a patch (attached).

I'm a newbie in all three of: AMQP, RabbitMQ and Erlang, so apologies if I've missed something obvious or I'm barking up the wrong tree.

cheers,
Richard Lewis Jones
--
lastminute.com labs

amqp_rpc_server.erl.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: RPC with Erlang client

Matthias Radestock-3
Richard,

Jones, Richard wrote:
> I've noticed that the RPC server that comes with the Erlang client
> doesn't acknowledge messages. This has the effect of replaying all
> previous RPC requests whenever the system is restarted.

Congratulations, looks like you have found a bug.

> So, with this in mind I humbly submit a patch (attached).

Thanks. We will get this fixed shortly.

> I'm a newbie in all three of: AMQP, RabbitMQ and Erlang

Identifying and fixing that bug required knowledge of all three. So you
are doing pretty well :)

Let us know if you spot anything else. What are your plans for rabbit?