Quantcast

RabbitHub httpc error on POST to Callback URL (socket_closed_remotely)

RabbitHub httpc error on POST to Callback URL (socket_closed_remotely)

gfiehler
We are using the RabbitHub Rabbitmq plugin (https://github.com/brc859844/rabbithub) and experiencing the following issue:

When a queue is pre-populated (say 1000 msgs) then a subscriber is created, or when the publishing volume is sufficiently higher than the subscriber callback rate, each subscriber POST's 99 messages to the callback URL then gets the following error

=ERROR REPORT==== 12-Apr-2016::17:47:51 ===

RabbitHub post error

{rabbithub_consumer,http_post_failure,socket_closed_remotely,{}}

=INFO REPORT==== 12-Apr-2016::17:47:51 ===

RabbitHub stopping consumer, normal

{state,{rabbithub_subscription,{resource,<<"/">>,queue,<<"foo">>},

                               "foo",

                               "http://gregg-VirtualBox:8999/rabbithub/sub1"},

       #Ref<0.0.1.85179>,<<"amq.http.consumer-zLIH5VOb2BdVbtLR_4J4pw">>}

If we re-up the subscription then the same pattern happens again, 99 msgs are POSTed to the callback URL then we get the same error. The error is per subscriber as I setup 2 queues, 1 with 1 subscriber, 1 with 2 subscribers each with a unique callback URL and each callback URL received 99 msg's then the error occurred for each subscriber.

We tried another server with similar situation and the number was as consistent, but always failed between 98-101 messages.

The backend server hosting the callback does not seem to be the issue, we can hit it directly with a load much higher than what RabbitHub is sending with no issues at all.

Based on some forum posts on the socket_closed_remotely error we tried the following rabbitmq.config

{rabbithub, [

        {http_client_options, [

         {max_keep_alive_length, 0},

{max_pipeline_length, 0}, {max_sessions, 0}

        ]}

    ]}

                but it had no effect on the situation.  Any assistance on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gregg

Re: RabbitHub httpc error on POST to Callback URL (socket_closed_remotely)

gfiehler
It turns out it was the backend server, when we changed the maxKeepAliveRequests to be =1 on our tomcat server (hosting the callback service) the issue went away.

Thanks to Brett for responding in another forum with help.