RabbitMQ Consumer/Producer Proxy Support

RabbitMQ Consumer/Producer Proxy Support

blake.copenhaver
Is it possible for the RabbitMQ producer/consumer to establish a connection to the broker (RabbitMQ server) from behind an authenticated proxy? I'm currently leveraging the AMQP 0-9-1 message protocol.

Use Case:
Consumer 1 is running on a machine that sits behind a proxy. Consumer 1 would like to authenticate to the proxy so a socket connection can be established with the broker (RabbitMQ server)

Re: RabbitMQ Consumer/Producer Proxy Support

Gotthard, Petr

Blake,

Which proxy is it? HTTP proxy? SOCKS proxy?

Petr

Is it possible for the RabbitMQ producer/consumer to establish a connection to the broker (RabbitMQ server) from behind an authenticated proxy? I'm currently leveraging the AMQP 0-9-1 message protocol.

Use Case:

Consumer 1 is running on a machine that sits behind a proxy. Consumer 1 would like to authenticate to the proxy so a socket connection can be established with the broker (RabbitMQ server)

Re: RabbitMQ Consumer/Producer Proxy Support

Michael Klishin-2
On 21 Nov 2013, at 03:24, [hidden email] wrote:

> I'm not sure that I understand how the access control will allow the producer/consumer to authenticate behind a proxy.

It won’t.

If you need a generic (TCP) proxy with authentication, consider SSH port forwarding [1].

1. http://www.openssh.org/faq.html#2.11