RabbitMQ Message Sequence Guarantee

Ali Najafizadeh

I have a question about one of my project

So now, let me describe the scenario. I have n number of queues which subscribed to topic1. Now my question is if I publish 3 messages in sequence, which are shown as 1, 2 and 3 into broker called Exchange, will rabbitmq Guarantee the sequence of those messages in all queues?

The only thing that I found was in rabbitmq documentation Message ordering guarantees [http://www.rabbitmq.com/semantics.html

which was taking about the following:

Section 4.7 of the AMQP 0-9-1 core specification explains the conditions under which ordering is guaranteed: messages published in one channel, passing through one exchange and one queue and one outgoing channel will be received in the same order that they were sent. RabbitMQ offers stronger guarantees since release 2.7.0.

So can anyone help me out and point me to the right doc or example that shows whether it is guaranteed or not?

For more info, here's the full details

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22387275/rabbitmq-message-sequence-guarantee

Thanks

Ali

Re: RabbitMQ Message Sequence Guarantee

michaelklishin
Now my question is if I publish 3 messages in sequence, which are shown as 1, 2 and 3 into broker called Exchange, will rabbitmq Guarantee the sequence of those messages in all queues?

Yes, if the messages are published on the same channel.

http://github.com/michaelklishin
http://twitter.com/michaelklishin