RabbitMQ SSL and Erlang SSL

ranjitiyer
Group,

I managed to configure SSL in RabbitMQ and I can establish SSL connections between an AMQP client and RabbitMQ server.

My question is that in a multi-node scenario, are RabbitMQ nodes automatically talking with each other over SSL as well? Or do I need to configure SSL at the Erlang level as a separate step?

Thanks,
Ranjit

Re: RabbitMQ SSL and Erlang SSL

Michael Klishin-2

Yes: http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/ssl/ssl_distribution.html

Re: RabbitMQ SSL and Erlang SSL

ranjitiyer
Thanks. Would be good if RabbitMQ could address these issues (in addition to embedded Erlang). That would hugely simplify the kind of effort I am going through for including RabbitMQ in a COTS product.

Ranjit

Re: RabbitMQ SSL and Erlang SSL

Alvaro Videla-2
Hi,

For embedded Erlang we've only done it for Mac users.

I know it's not the best situation, but this file could point you on
how to get an embedded Erlang for your OS distribution:
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/file/0e251dd3817a/packaging/standalone/Makefile

Regards,

Alvaro