RabbitMQ acquired by SpringSource

Matthias Radestock-3
Rabbit Technologies Ltd. (RTL), the company behind RabbitMQ, has been
acquired by SpringSource, a division of VMware, Inc.

RTL was founded in February 2007 and is a spin out from LShift Ltd., the
UK software consultancy, and Cohesive FT, the US virtualization and
cloud computing company.

The Rabbit Team are very excited about the deal. “RabbitMQ is an
extremely successful technology and forms the backbone for many varied
cloud messaging systems,” said Alexis Richardson, chief executive
officer and co-founder, Rabbit Technologies, Ltd. “By providing a
multi-protocol, completely open, portable messaging system, our
technology can be a key enabler of tomorrow’s applications. By joining
with enterprise leaders, SpringSource and VMware, RabbitMQ expects to
continue to be at the forefront of the movement toward cloud computing.
Users and customers will benefit from an organization offering deep and
immediate experience with the challenges of managing highly available
and stable operations.”

RabbitMQ will continue to be open source and distributed in the same way
as before. The RabbitMQ community can expect to see increased investment
in this outstanding technology which should result in significant
improvements to the open source release.

RabbitMQ customers will see an increase in availability of training,
professional services and support offerings as the RabbitMQ business is
integrated with SpringSource.

For more details see
http://www.springsource.com/springsource-acquires-rabbit-technologies

Re: RabbitMQ acquired by SpringSource

Gustavo Aquino
Congratulations It's sounds a good deal.I wish that this very good mail list and community support continue.

Do you have any news about rabbit payed support ? SpringSource and RabbitMQ have a plan about how it will work from now ?

Best Wishes for all Rabitters. :D

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Matthias Radestock <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Alexis Richardson-4
Gustavo

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Gustavo Aquino
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Congratulations It's sounds a good deal.

Thank-you - I think it's a great development.

> I wish that this very good mail list
> and community support continue.

That is one of our top priorities.  This list is a foundation stone
for the success of RabbitMQ and is critical to its future.  We love
the RabbitMQ community and the discussions that happen here.

> Do you have any news about rabbit payed support ? SpringSource and RabbitMQ
> have a plan about how it will work from now ?

We shall continue to provide RabbitMQ commercial support per our
existing offerings.  Look out for more as we work with the
SpringSource teams!

> Best Wishes for all Rabitters. :D

Thank-you.  And don't forget Rabbiters includes everyone here on this
list: thank-you all very much and we are excited about working with
you all more.

Best wishes

alexis

> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Matthias Radestock <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Rabbit Technologies Ltd. (RTL), the company behind RabbitMQ, has been
>> acquired by SpringSource, a division of VMware, Inc.
>>
>> RTL was founded in February 2007 and is a spin out from LShift Ltd., the
>> UK software consultancy, and Cohesive FT, the US virtualization and
>> cloud computing company.
>>
>> The Rabbit Team are very excited about the deal. “RabbitMQ is an
>> extremely successful technology and forms the backbone for many varied
>> cloud messaging systems,” said Alexis Richardson, chief executive
>> officer and co-founder, Rabbit Technologies, Ltd. “By providing a
>> multi-protocol, completely open, portable messaging system, our
>> technology can be a key enabler of tomorrow’s applications. By joining
>> with enterprise leaders, SpringSource and VMware, RabbitMQ expects to
>> continue to be at the forefront of the movement toward cloud computing.
>> Users and customers will benefit from an organization offering deep and
>> immediate experience with the challenges of managing highly available
>> and stable operations.”
>>
>> RabbitMQ will continue to be open source and distributed in the same way
>> as before. The RabbitMQ community can expect to see increased investment
>> in this outstanding technology which should result in significant
>> improvements to the open source release.
>>
>> RabbitMQ customers will see an increase in availability of training,
>> professional services and support offerings as the RabbitMQ business is
>> integrated with SpringSource.
>>
>> For more details see
>> http://www.springsource.com/springsource-acquires-rabbit-technologies

Re: RabbitMQ acquired by SpringSource

Alvaro Videla-2
My Congratulations too to the RabbitMQ team.

This list has been supportive at all times and the quality delivered by the software is great.

Thanks and congratulations!

Alvaro

On Apr 13, 2010, at 9:40 PM, Alexis Richardson wrote:

> Gustavo
>
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Gustavo Aquino
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Congratulations It's sounds a good deal.
>
> Thank-you - I think it's a great development.
>

>> I wish that this very good mail list
>> and community support continue.
>
> That is one of our top priorities.  This list is a foundation stone
> for the success of RabbitMQ and is critical to its future.  We love
> the RabbitMQ community and the discussions that happen here.
>

>> Do you have any news about rabbit payed support ? SpringSource and RabbitMQ
>> have a plan about how it will work from now ?
>
> We shall continue to provide RabbitMQ commercial support per our
> existing offerings.  Look out for more as we work with the
> SpringSource teams!
>

>> Best Wishes for all Rabitters. :D
>
> Thank-you.  And don't forget Rabbiters includes everyone here on this
> list: thank-you all very much and we are excited about working with
> you all more.
>
> Best wishes
>
> alexis
>

>> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Matthias Radestock <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Rabbit Technologies Ltd. (RTL), the company behind RabbitMQ, has been
>>> acquired by SpringSource, a division of VMware, Inc.
>>>
>>> RTL was founded in February 2007 and is a spin out from LShift Ltd., the
>>> UK software consultancy, and Cohesive FT, the US virtualization and
>>> cloud computing company.
>>>
>>> The Rabbit Team are very excited about the deal. “RabbitMQ is an
>>> extremely successful technology and forms the backbone for many varied
>>> cloud messaging systems,” said Alexis Richardson, chief executive
>>> officer and co-founder, Rabbit Technologies, Ltd. “By providing a
>>> multi-protocol, completely open, portable messaging system, our
>>> technology can be a key enabler of tomorrow’s applications. By joining
>>> with enterprise leaders, SpringSource and VMware, RabbitMQ expects to
>>> continue to be at the forefront of the movement toward cloud computing.
>>> Users and customers will benefit from an organization offering deep and
>>> immediate experience with the challenges of managing highly available
>>> and stable operations.”
>>>
>>> RabbitMQ will continue to be open source and distributed in the same way
>>> as before. The RabbitMQ community can expect to see increased investment
>>> in this outstanding technology which should result in significant
>>> improvements to the open source release.
>>>
>>> RabbitMQ customers will see an increase in availability of training,
>>> professional services and support offerings as the RabbitMQ business is
>>> integrated with SpringSource.
>>>
>>> For more details see
>>> http://www.springsource.com/springsource-acquires-rabbit-technologies

Re: RabbitMQ acquired by SpringSource

Matthew Sackman
On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 01:33:37PM +0100, Matthias Radestock wrote:
> Rabbit Technologies Ltd. (RTL), the company behind RabbitMQ, has been
> acquired by SpringSource, a division of VMware, Inc.

              .
                        +---+   +---+
              |         |   |   |   |
     .               /  |   |   |   |
      \       I         |   |   |   |
                  /     |   +---+   +-------+
        \  ,g88R_       |                   |
          d888(`  ).    | RabbitMQ  +---+   |       _
 -  --==  888(     ).=--|           |   |   |   .+(`  )`.
)         Y8P(       '`.| In your   +---+   |  :(   .    )
        .+(`(      .   )|    clouds...      |  `.  (    ) )
 +-+ +-+((    (..__.:'-'+-------------------+    ` _`  ) )
`| | | |(       ) )       (   .  )                  (   )  ._
 | +-+ +---+_.:'   )     (   (   ))       .--        `-'.:(`  )
)|     +-+ |    --'       `- __.'      .=(   )         :(      ))
.|     +-+ |       .')                 (   .  )        `(    )  ))
 +---------+      (_  )               (   (   ))         ` __.:'
                                       `- __.'
--..,___.--,--'`,---..-.--+--.,,-,,..._.--..-._.-a:f--m:s---._..-

Matthew

Re: RabbitMQ acquired by SpringSource

Pieter de Zwart
Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ acquired by SpringSource

Congratulations guys, this is awesome. I wish you all the best of luck and I look forward to being part of this awesome community as it picks up even more steam.

Pieter

Re: RabbitMQ acquired by SpringSource

Sigurd Høgsbro-2
Well deserved recognition for a great product and team that engages
the community.

Congratulations!

Sigurd