RabbitMQ and SQL Server Integration Services

RabbitMQ and SQL Server Integration Services

kzhen
Hi all,

I've been working on a RabbitMQ extension for SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). SSIS is the Microsoft solution for designing extract transform load (ETL) processes.

I've built a connector for RabbitMQ which allows an ETL developer to use a RabbitMQ queue as a source.

If you're interested please take a look at my blog:

http://kzhendev.wordpress.com/2013/07/31/custom-ssis-components/

an example of how RabbitMQ could be used to load a dimension in a data warehouse can be found here:

http://kzhendev.wordpress.com/2013/08/19/loading-a-data-warehouse-dimension-with-rabbitmq-and-ssis/

If you have any questions or feedback please let me know.

Re: RabbitMQ and SQL Server Integration Services

Michael Klishin-2
kzhen:

> If you have any questions or feedback please let me know.

Do you have a separate site for the project? Or maybe a public code repository
with a README that explains what it is and how to use it?

We need somewhere to link to from the .NET tools section on rabbitmq.com ;)

Re: RabbitMQ and SQL Server Integration Services

kzhen
The code is all hosted in GitHub here:

https://github.com/kzhen/SSISRabbitMQ

The README is currently very short and to the point, but I will work on it over the coming days so it clearly explains the different parts of the system and how it can be used.

A link on the .Net tool section would be great

Re: RabbitMQ and SQL Server Integration Services

Michael Klishin-2
kzhen:

> The README is currently very short and to the point, but I will work on it
> over the coming days so it clearly explains the different parts of the
> system and how it can be used.

Sounds good.

> A link on the .Net tool section would be great

http://www.rabbitmq.com/devtools.html#dotnet-dev

Re: RabbitMQ and SQL Server Integration Services

Waheed
Thanks for posting the component, I tried the source and it worked well but the destination seems not to be ready yet, any plans to publish in the near future?