RabbitMQ and Windows Failover Clustering

RabbitMQ and Windows Failover Clustering

Nick Benton
Hi,

I am looking at setting up RabbitMQ on an existing Windows Active/Passive failover cluster, using shared storage.

I have seen the discussion surrounding this in the group (here) detailing the requirement for the service name to be identical, and how to remedy this on installation (manual) of the RabbitMQ service.

Also, looking at the reliance on the erlang cookie, I should be able to set the homepath for this cookie to shared storage, is this correct?

Are there any other components of RabbitMQ that can be located on the shared storage?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Re: RabbitMQ and Windows Failover Clustering

Matthias Radestock-3
Nick,

On 21/05/14 12:20, Nick Benton wrote:
> I am looking at setting up RabbitMQ on an existing Windows
> Active/Passive failover cluster, using shared storage.
>
> I have seen the discussion surrounding this in the group (here
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rabbitmq-discuss/windows/rabbitmq-discuss/LnleyojNXjY/nOohEvgauCAJ>)
> detailing the requirement for the service name to be identical, and how
> to remedy this on installation (manual) of the RabbitMQ service.

That was fixed in 2.7.1, more than two years ago.

> Also, looking at the reliance on the erlang cookie, I should be able to
> set the homepath for this cookie to shared storage, is this correct?

yes.

> Are there any other components of RabbitMQ that can be located on the
> shared storage?

You'll want to make sure that RABBITMQ_BASE points to shared storage. It
defaults to !APPDATA!\!RABBITMQ_SERVICENAME!.

More generally, see https://www.rabbitmq.com/relocate.html#windows