RabbitMQ heartbeat configuration

John Butler
Hello,

I have a question regarding enabling RabbitMQ heartbeats on a Windows OS environment.

RabbitMQ version:
* amqp_client-2.8.6
* mochiweb-2.3.1-rmq2.8.6-gitd541e9a
* rabbitmq_management-2.8.6
* rabbitmq_management_agent-2.8.6

From what I have found in my research, enabling RabbitMQ heartbeats is done via the rabbitmq.conf file.  However, I found the statement below on https://www.rabbitmq.com/configure.html:

"If rabbitmq-env.conf doesn't exist, it can be created manually in the default location only. It is not used on Windows systems."

I also found documentation that states otherwise.  At this point, I'm curious if heartbeats can be enabled in RabbitMQ on a Windows environment?

Thanks,
JB

Re: RabbitMQ heartbeat configuration

Matthias Radestock-3
On 21/03/14 10:03, Tim Watson wrote:
> The heartbeat configuration isn't stored in rabbitmq-env.conf, it is
> stored in the other configuration file, which on windows is located in
> %APPDATA%\RabbitMQ.

"other configuration file" = rabbitmq.config (see
https://www.rabbitmq.com/configure.html#configuration-file), in
particular the heartbeat value.

Note however that the OP is running 2.8.6 which is ancient and pre-dates
the introduction of server-side configurable heartbeat intervals. -> upgrade