RabbitMQCtl status shows nodedown after logout/login Windows

RabbitMQCtl status shows nodedown after logout/login Windows

Brian Locke
I have 3 RabbitMQ servers running on 3 windows servers as a service (local system acct) . They are clustered and are up and running. The management console shows all up, etc.
I have the same .erlang.cookie in my c:\windows and c:\users\username folder.

This morning I was using rabbitmqctl normally and all was good. I logged out of the machine instead of my usual disconnect (via RDP).
When I logged back in (as same user) and run rabbitmqctl status I get the nodedown error like it's not running. To verify I did this on a second server and the same results occurred. The third server I have left as-is (meaning I didn't log out) and rabbitmqctl status works just fine. It does ,however, fail when I run rabbitmqctl report.

What else am I missing in troubleshooting this?

--
Brian Locke | Application Architect
Datascan |   P: 469 208-3345  |  C: 972 672 0088 | 24/7 Support:  866 420 6949

Re: RabbitMQCtl status shows nodedown after logout/login Windows

Simon MacMullen-2
(This mailing list is going away: you might want to post to the
rabbitmq-users Google group in future.)

On 20/08/14 18:57, Brian Locke wrote:
> What else am I missing in troubleshooting this?

Which version of RabbitMQ are you running? What error messages are you
seeing? 3.3.x should give reasonably sensible diagnostics in this situation.

> I have the same .erlang.cookie in my c:\windows and c:\users\username folder.

You might check that it's getting picked up - check the log file for a
hash of the cookie used by the server, check the output of a rabbitmqctl
failure for a hash of the cookie used by rabbitmqctl.