Thinking of using isRedeliver() to avoid duplication of consumption by the app

Thinking of using isRedeliver() to avoid duplication of consumption by the app

cw storm
I see there's a isRedeliver method in the envelope.  I'm thinking of relying on it to help our program from consuming the message twice in the event that our program doesn't provide rabbit to ack it.  So, isRedeliver reliable?

Re: Thinking of using isRedeliver() to avoid duplication of consumption by the app

Simon MacMullen-2
On 27/02/14 16:01, cw storm wrote:
> So, isRedeliver reliable?

If redelivered=false, we guarantee that you have not seen the message
before.

If redelivered=true, you *might* have seen the message before. It is not
a guarantee that you have.

On 27/02/14 16:42, cw storm wrote:
> Thanks Simon.  Guess it's a coin toss.

The idea is that if you need to check for duplicates on the client side,
you can skip the check if the flag is not set. I wouldn't describe it as
a coin toss.