Unknown delivery tag 1

Patrick Long
I am seeing this error from time to time,

connection <0.11943.63>, channel 2 - soft error:
{amqp_error,precondition_failed,"unknown delivery tag 1",'basic.ack'}

I know that we have to execute BasicAck against the same channel  that did the BasicGet and we are fairly comfortable that is what we are doing.

Are there other reasons for seeing this error ?

Pat

--
Patrick Long - Munkiisoft Ltd

Re: Unknown delivery tag 1

Simon MacMullen-2
On 06/03/14 14:45, Patrick Long wrote:
> Are there other reasons for seeing this error ?

By far the most common reason for this error is acking the same message
twice.

Re: Unknown delivery tag 1

cw storm
Patrick,

I'm all too familiar with this error.  At least for me, it was my java client code.  What happen was that the consumer subscription service was ack on the wrong channel.  You must be sure that each consumer subscription is on its own thread and that your source code is not being overridden from another subscription initalization.  For me, whatever was the last consumer subscription service being register was being use by all.