Wanted to design chat and group chat in optimized way

Wanted to design chat and group chat in optimized way

Rambabu

I would like to implement chat(one to one) and group chat using rabbitmq. It should be scalabe to millions of users.
Can anybody suggest best ways?

I am having following doubts
1. Do every producer/consumer need to maintain connection always? ( for incoming messages)
2. Every consumer and producer should have queue?
3. Do we need to create exchange for each chat group and one to one chat?
4. What could be the maximum limits of connections, exchanges and queues?
I observered each empty queue is taking around 8k of memory, each connection is taking 60k, exchanges are taking very little memory. If each produer/consumer has one connection and one queue it will be huge memory consumption. Please suggest me better ways.

Thanks