Windows server 2012 config file not found

Windows server 2012 config file not found

Greg Woodbury
I am running rabbitmq on windows server 2012 and am running into a problem where rabbitmq seems to be unable to locate my config file. The log suggests that it is looking in the correct directory for the file, but is not being found. I would normally think that this is a permissions issue, but the logs are being found and written to in a subdirectory from where the config file resides. Below is the log snippet showing the error and I have attached a screenshot with the config file sitting in the same directory.

=INFO REPORT==== 16-Jul-2014::10:51:39 ===
node           : rabbit@{server}
home dir       : C:\Windows
config file(s) : c:/Users/{user}/AppData/Roaming/RabbitMQ/rabbitmq.config (not found)

RabbitMQConfig.png (14K) Download Attachment

Re: Windows server 2012 config file not found

Mariusz Wojcik
Hi all,

   I also had the same problem with latest versions (3.3 and 3.4). To add more information, it seems there is an issue when running RabbitMQ as a Windows Service. It works when starting up server from console. I also thought this could be related to permissions, so I tried giving access to config file to anyone and running service under different user, including one with admin privileges with no success. Neither setting env.setting helped.

   I resolved to running rabbit from console instead of Windows service. You can also revert to previous version (3.0 worked fine for me).

Hope someone can shed more light on this problem.

Cheers,

Mariusz

On Wednesday, 16 July 2014 16:10:26 UTC+1, Greg Woodbury wrote:
I am running rabbitmq on windows server 2012 and am running into a problem where rabbitmq seems to be unable to locate my config file. The log suggests that it is looking in the correct directory for the file, but is not being found. I would normally think that this is a permissions issue, but the logs are being found and written to in a subdirectory from where the config file resides. Below is the log snippet showing the error and I have attached a screenshot with the config file sitting in the same directory.

=INFO REPORT==== 16-Jul-2014::10:51:39 ===
node           : rabbit@{server}
home dir       : C:\Windows
config file(s) : c:/Users/{user}/AppData/Roaming/RabbitMQ/rabbitmq.config (not found)

Re: Windows server 2012 config file not found

Greg Woodbury
It turns out that because the config file is not created as a part of the base install, you actually have to re-install the service after adding the config file. Doing this resolved my issue. We are currently on version 3.3.2.

Hope this helps someone!