amqp_consume_message() returns AMQP_STATUS_TIMEOUT even after the target machine unreachable(with Network Cable pulled out)

amqp_consume_message() returns AMQP_STATUS_TIMEOUT even after the target machine unreachable(with Network Cable pulled out)

hemanth
Hi All,

We are using rabbitmq-c to for event/message processing software.
using the call amqp_consume_message(). I am getting the AMQP_STATUS_TIMEOUT even after the target IP becomes unreachable.
Could you please let me know if you need more information.
host machine:
$ sudo cat /proc/version
Linux version 3.10.0-327.3.1.el7.x86_64 (builder@kbuilder.dev.centos.org) (gcc version 4.8.3 20140911 (Red Hat 4.8.3-9) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Wed Dec 9 14:09:15 UTC 2015

Rabbitmq-c rpm version:

$ sudo rpm -qa | grep rabbit
librabbitmq-0.7.1-1.fc23.x86_64
librabbitmq-devel-0.7.1-1.fc23.x86_64

Please let us know if this issue is resolved, or if you need more information.

Thanks,
Hemanth