getting RabbitMQ out of user folder

akmartin
I am trying to get RabbitMQ out of my personal directory. This seems to be an impossible task. This is in my environment:

{enabled_plugins_file,"C:/Users/admin-amartin/AppData/Roaming/RabbitMQ/enabled_plugins"}

Even though I have this in my config file.

{enabled_plugins_file, "D:/RabbitMQ/enabled_plugins"}

Does RabbitMQ not respect that setting in the config file?

Also, is there any way to move the erlang cookie out of the user folder as well? It's just kind of strange having those in a user folder given that any of a number of users might need to perform maintenance or upgrades.

Thanks in advance.

Re: getting RabbitMQ out of user folder

Michael Klishin-4
On 8 August 2014 at 22:18:32, Andy Martin ([hidden email]) wrote:
> > I am trying to get RabbitMQ out of my personal directory.

You likely will find it a lot more convenient to override RABBITMQ_BASE:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/relocate.html

Note that for Windows server to notice the environment variable changes,
it has to be *re-installed* (not just restarted). This is mentioned on
http://www.rabbitmq.com/configure.html

Moving the Erlang cookie is possible but fiddly and fragile on Windows. Unless you have
dozens of users all of which need to have the cookie, I'd perhaps leave it
as is.

Re: getting RabbitMQ out of user folder

akmartin
Awesome! It was the service reinstall I was missing. Problem solved.