Quantcast

object not found in RabbitMQ admin panel

object not found in RabbitMQ admin panel

Raymond Barlow-2
Hi guys,

I've installed the RabbitMQ admin panel on our servers, and it doesn't seem to work as expected.

If I go to the list of exchange, or queues, or anything, and click on one of the objects there, I get this message for them all:

Not found

The object you clicked on was not found; it may have been deleted on the server.

They definitely exist, as I can use the command line tool to view them and get the required info on them. The 2 servers this is failing on are ubuntu. If I run it locally on my OSX Lion box, all is good.

One problem may be that it is running behind nginx, and I've had to do some url rewrite to get it to work. I'm not really an ngix guru, and this is probably not the place to ask about this, but here is the location that I've cobbled together to get it (mostly) working:

location /rabbitadmin {
        proxy_pass              http://127.0.0.1:55672;
        proxy_set_header        X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
        proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
        proxy_set_header        Host $http_host;
        rewrite ^/rabbitadmin/(.*)$ /$1 break;
      }

Help appreciated!

Regards,
Raymond Barlow

Re: object not found in RabbitMQ admin panel

Emile Joubert
Hi Raymond.

On 01/11/11 23:27, Raymond Barlow wrote:
> One problem may be that it is running behind nginx, and I've had to do
> some url rewrite to get it to work.

There is a proxy configuration for Apache here:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/management.html#proxy

We don't have an equivalent nginx config, so it would be very useful if
you could confirm how to do that. Proxies must not canonicalise or
modify URLs.

-Emile

Re: object not found in RabbitMQ admin panel

Simon MacMullen-2
On 02/11/11 09:52, Emile Joubert wrote:
> We don't have an equivalent nginx config, so it would be very useful if
> you could confirm how to do that. Proxies must not canonicalise or
> modify URLs.

To be more specific, it's very common in the mgmt plugin to have URL
paths that look like

/api/queues/%2f/myqueue

We've seen Apache rewrite this as:

/api/queues///myqueue

which then doesn't work. To the best of my reading ability this violates
RFC 3986. Apache needs to be told "nocanon" in order not to do that -
nginx may also be similarly confused.

If you turn on HTTP request logging (see
http://www.rabbitmq.com/management.html) you can see if nginx is doing
such rewriting.

If you do get a working nginx config, please let us know and I'll add it
to the website.

RabbitMQ, VMware

Re: object not found in RabbitMQ admin panel

Václav Matouch
The problem was the trailing slash. This worked for me:

    location /rabbit/ {
        proxy_pass              http://localhost:55672;
        proxy_set_header        Host $http_host;
        rewrite                 ^/rabbit/(.*)$ /$1 break;
    }

    location /rabbit {
        rewrite                 ^(.*)$ /rabbit/ permanent;
    }

Dne středa, 2. listopadu 2011 12:13:53 UTC+1 Simon MacMullen napsal(a):
On 02/11/11 09:52, Emile Joubert wrote:
> We don't have an equivalent nginx config, so it would be very useful if
> you could confirm how to do that. Proxies must not canonicalise or
> modify URLs.

To be more specific, it's very common in the mgmt plugin to have URL
paths that look like

/api/queues/%2f/myqueue

We've seen Apache rewrite this as:

/api/queues///myqueue

which then doesn't work. To the best of my reading ability this violates
RFC 3986. Apache needs to be told "nocanon" in order not to do that -
nginx may also be similarly confused.

If you turn on HTTP request logging (see
http://www.rabbitmq.com/management.html) you can see if nginx is doing
such rewriting.

If you do get a working nginx config, please let us know and I'll add it
to the website.

RabbitMQ, VMware

Re: object not found in RabbitMQ admin panel

tacahiroy
hmm - it didn't work for me.

    location / {
        proxy_pass              <a href="http://localhost:15672;">http://localhost:15672;
        proxy_set_header    Host $http_host;
        rewrite ^/(.*)$ /$1 break;
    }

Is this anything wrong?

Thanks,
Takahiro

Re: object not found in RabbitMQ admin panel

sergey