priority field in web-management generated messages

priority field in web-management generated messages

Gotthard, Petr

Hello,

I’ve been reading the README file for the emerging priority-queue (quite exciting!) and found this statememt:

* The message `priority` field is defined as an unsigned byte, so in practice priorities should be between 0 and 255.

However, when a message is sent from the rabbitmq-management website, the priority property is encoded as a binary string. I thought the priority is a number 0-9 encoded as binary (e.g. <<”0”>>), but if it’s a byte (0-255), then it should be encoded as <<0>> instead. This is probably the correct behavior, but in such case the management plugin encodes the priority property incorrectly (I guess).

Regards,

Petr

Re: priority field in web-management generated messages

Matthias Radestock-3
On 01/05/14 21:14, Gotthard, Petr wrote:
> However, when a message is sent from the rabbitmq-management website,
> the priority property is encoded as a binary string.

 From the 3.3.1 release notes
(http://www.rabbitmq.com/release-notes/README-3.3.1.txt)

<quote>
26140 prevent malformed message being created when publishing with
priority or timestamp properties set (since 2.4.0)
</quote>

So I guess you are running an older version.