rabbitmq_c Sometimes I get AMQP_STATUS_TIMER_FAILURE error on Win32

rabbitmq_c Sometimes I get AMQP_STATUS_TIMER_FAILURE error on Win32

haster2010
Hi there!

Sometimes I get error  AMQP_STATUS_TIMER_FAILURE then I try to read something from RabbitMQ.
As I understand the problem is in functions QueryPerformanceFrequency and QueryPerformanceCounter:
one of them returns false.

Does anyone know what is the root of problem? Why this functions may fail?
Rabbitmq_c library doesn't get extended info about error  by calling GetLastError so I can't found real reason of that problem

P.S.
I use rabbitmq_c v 0.4.1

Re: rabbitmq_c Sometimes I get AMQP_STATUS_TIMER_FAILURE error on Win32

alan.antonuk
I recently merged in a fix for timeouts on Win32 related to handling the return from QueryPerformanceCounter() (see: https://github.com/alanxz/rabbitmq-c/pull/153).

Try building from the master branch and see if this fixes your problem.

-Alan

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 3:22 AM, Yury A <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there!

Sometimes I get error  AMQP_STATUS_TIMER_FAILURE then I try to read something from RabbitMQ.
As I understand the problem is in functions QueryPerformanceFrequency and QueryPerformanceCounter:
one of them returns false.

Does anyone know what is the root of problem? Why this functions may fail?
Rabbitmq_c library doesn't get extended info about error  by calling GetLastError so I can't found real reason of that problem

P.S.
I use rabbitmq_c v 0.4.1

Re: rabbitmq_c Sometimes I get AMQP_STATUS_TIMER_FAILURE error on Win32

Haster
Alan, thanks a lot!
I will try this patch