rabbitmq.config location when running as a Windows service

rabbitmq.config location when running as a Windows service

Gotthard, Petr

Hello,

I have RabbitMQ 3.1.5 installed (using the recommended procedure) at a (French) Windows Server machine. (Cannot change the machine nor the language ;-)

I have the rabbitmq.config in the directory as explained at http://www.rabbitmq.com/relocate.html

When I start RabbitMQ using command-line ‘rabbitmq-server start’, everything works fine.

But when I start the RabbitMQ service, the rabbitmq.config is silently ignored. No warning nor error. Is this expected behavior?

No RABBITMQ_xxx environment variable is set.

Thanks a lot,

Petr

Re: rabbitmq.config location when running as a Windows service

Emile Joubert

Hi,

On 11/10/13 12:52, Gotthard, Petr wrote:

> I have the rabbitmq.config in the directory as explained at
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/relocate.html

The most common error is to create the file in the wrong directory, or
forget the ".config" extension. The default location is
%APPDATA%\RabbitMQ\rabbitmq.config

> But when I start the RabbitMQ service, the rabbitmq.config is silently
> ignored. No warning nor error. Is this expected behavior?

This will happen if the config file is incorrectly named or in the wrong
folder. A missing config file is not an error.

-Emile

Re: rabbitmq.config location when running as a Windows service

Gotthard, Petr
Hi,

The trouble is that when I run in command-line 'rabbitmq-server start' then the config is found.
However, when I run the rabbitmq service in Windows, then the config is not found.

Petr

On 11/10/13 14:37, Gotthard, Petr wrote:

> The trouble is that when I run in command-line 'rabbitmq-server
> start' then the config is found. However, when I run the rabbitmq
> service in Windows, then the config is not found.

Can you confirm whether the "Args" field in the output of
"rabbitmq-service list" contains a "-config" parameter? And if you and a
".config" extension to that value, does a corresponding file exist with
that name and location?

Can you try the same exercise for this value?
 rabbitmqctl eval 'init:get_argument(config).'

-Emile