rabbitmq crash

jayashree gn

Hi All,

Anybody can help what this crash means? 3 instances in a cluster (version 3.3.1) all crashed at the same time.
But surprisingly on one instance even if the service was down, the port 5672 was still active. which kept the health check active.

Any help on this is appreciated.  Thanks!

=CRASH REPORT==== 27-Jun-2014::20:04:05 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: mochiweb_acceptor:init/3
    pid: <0.21001.388>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: {error,accept_failed}
      in function  mochiweb_acceptor:init/3
    ancestors: [rabbit_web_dispatch_sup_15672,rabbit_web_dispatch_sup,
                  <0.1519.0>]
    messages: []
    links: [<0.1526.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: false
    status: running
    heap_size: 610
    stack_size: 24
    reductions: 4329
  neighbours:

Re: rabbitmq crash

Michael Klishin-2
On 28 June 2014 at 01:46:34, jayashree gn ([hidden email]) wrote:
> > =CRASH REPORT==== 27-Jun-2014(http://airmail.calendar/2014-06-27%2012:00:00%20GMT+4)::20:04:05
> === crasher: initial call: mochiweb_acceptor:init/3 pid:
> <0.21001.388> registered_name: [] exception exit: {error,accept_failed}
> in function mochiweb_acceptor:init/3 ancestors: [rabbit_web_dispatch_sup_15672,rabbit_web_dispatch_sup,

This particular error means accept(2) failed for an HTTP connection.
It should not prevent RabbitMQ from running, only the management plugin
can be affected ("crash" here means Erlang process crash, not VM crash).

Are you sure there's nothing else in the log? and that OS processes terminated
(as opposed to e.g. rejecting connections)?

Re: rabbitmq crash

Ye Wang
I am getting the same crash report today. Not sure what to expect either. Can some one help to make sense of it as well?

Thanks.

=CRASH REPORT==== 21-Jul-2014::18:05:09 ===

  crasher:

    initial call: mochiweb_acceptor:init/3

    pid: <0.22386.37>

    registered_name: []

    exception error: no match of right hand side value {error,badarg}

      in function  mochiweb_request:range_parts/2

      in call from mochiweb_request:ok/2

      in call from mochiweb_request:maybe_serve_file/3

      in call from mochiweb_http:headers/5

    ancestors: [rabbit_web_dispatch_sup_15672,rabbit_web_dispatch_sup,

                  <0.247.0>]

    messages: []

    links: [#Port<0.387976>,<0.253.0>,#Port<0.387975>]

    dictionary: [{mochiweb_request_path,"/"}]

    trap_exit: false

    status: running

    heap_size: 1597

    stack_size: 24

    reductions: 8984

  neighbours:

On 21 July 2014 at 23:25:59, Ye Wang ([hidden email]) wrote:

> > I am getting the same crash report today. Not sure what to expect
> either. Can some one help to make sense of it as well?
>
> Thanks.
>

> =CRASH REPORT==== 21-Jul-2014(http://airmail.calendar/2014-07-21%2012:00:00%20GMT+4)::18:05:09
> ===
>

> crasher:
> initial call: mochiweb_acceptor:init/3
> pid: <0.22386.37>
> registered_name: []
> exception error: no match of right hand side value {error,badarg}
> in function mochiweb_request:range_parts/2

This is not the same crash.

This one seems like Mochiweb (the HTTP server used by RabbitMQ management UI)
has a problem determining what ranges are available in the requested file
(requested with the Range request header).

Re: rabbitmq crash

Simon MacMullen-2
On 21/07/2014 8:31PM, Michael Klishin wrote:
> This is not the same crash.
>
> This one seems like Mochiweb (the HTTP server used by RabbitMQ management UI)
> has a problem determining what ranges are available in the requested file
> (requested with the Range request header).

Yes, reading the Mochiweb source it looks like the connection closed
during request processing.

Ye - was this accompanied by any misbehaviour or are you just trying to
make sense of something you saw in the logs?