Quantcast

rabbitmq message delay

Lost
1. Every 5 seconds to do a statistics.
2. One publisher publish mssage to a direct type exchange,  One consumer subscribe all message in one queue.
3. Use rabbitmq-c client lib.
4. count: message count every 5 second
    avg: average delay in millisecond
    min: min delay in millisecond
    max: max delay in millisecond

1.csv: publish message 10000/s, every 100 microsecond to publish 1 message.
2.csv: publish message no rate limit, use a for loop to do it.

The 1.csv delay is only 1 millisecond, but the 2.csv is need 50 millisecond!!
Is any possible to reduce message delay?

Re: rabbitmq message delay

Lost

miss 1.csv.

1.csv (910 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: rabbitmq message delay

Michael Klishin-4
On 20 August 2014 at 13:46:29, Lost ([hidden email]) wrote:
> > 1.csv: publish message 10000/s, every 100 microsecond to publish
> 1 message.
> 2.csv: publish message no rate limit, use a for loop to do it.
>
> The 1.csv delay is only 1 millisecond, but the 2.csv is need 50
> millisecond!!
> Is any possible to reduce message delay?

Flood publishing the broker means that you eventually will run into
flow control, which affects publishing latency. So this is largely expected.

If both your client and RabbitMQ run on the same machine, you'll also
see them competing for CPU and I/O resources. A program that publishes
in an endless loop will likely put a moderate stress on the machine,
however beefy it may be.

See http://www.rabbitmq.com/memory.html for more information on flow
control and see RabbitMQ logs, the resource-based alarms are logged.

You can also inspect connection state in the management UI, it will show
both kinds of flow control.

Also, RabbitMQ list has moved to
https://groups.google.com/group/rabbitmq-users

please start new discussions there.

Re: rabbitmq message delay

In future please post / subscribe to
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/rabbitmq-users, this mailing
list is going to go away.

On 20/08/14 10:43, Lost wrote:
> The 1.csv delay is only 1 millisecond, but the 2.csv is need 50
> millisecond!!
> Is any possible to reduce message delay?

I'm not completely sure what you're measuring, but it sounds like you're
talking about the end-to-end latency from producer to consumer.

To a large extent message rate and latency are in conflict, see the last
chart (and discussion) at

http://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2012/04/17/rabbitmq-performance-measurements-part-1/

but in brief, if you send messages as fast as you can, all the internal
buffers in RabbitMQ fill up, and it takes longer for a message to work
its way through them. The good news is that even at 90% of the maximum
rate, the buffers tend to stay mostly empty and latency is much lower.

You should also be aware that RabbitMQ really doesn't make any
*guarantees* about latency; we try to keep it low but you may see
spikes. Low-latency messaging systems generally have designs that are
very different from RabbitMQ (summary: if the message is late, throw it
away!).