Quantcast

rabbitmqadmin

Ganann, Kale

So, I’m working on cleaning up some old data and vhosts around a 3.2.1 cluster, and I’m running into some weird things.  When I run rabbitmqadmin delete parameter –component=federation name=local-nodename (or local-username) –V vhostname, if I use the –username –password prompts I get access denied.  So I temporarily re-added guest/guest and gave it access to the vhost in question, and it hung.  Like, over lunch hung.  I hit ctrl-c when I got back and got this traceback:

^CTraceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/local/bin/rabbitmqadmin", line 939, in <module>

    main()

  File "/usr/local/bin/rabbitmqadmin", line 380, in main

    method()

  File "/usr/local/bin/rabbitmqadmin", line 560, in invoke_delete

    self.delete(uri)

  File "/usr/local/bin/rabbitmqadmin", line 412, in delete

    return self.http("DELETE", "/api%s" % path, "")

  File "/usr/local/bin/rabbitmqadmin", line 432, in http

    resp = conn.getresponse()

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1030, in getresponse

    response.begin()

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 407, in begin

    version, status, reason = self._read_status()

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 365, in _read_status

    line = self.fp.readline()

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 430, in readline

    data = recv(1)

KeyboardInterrupt

I’ve seen some issues with deleting vhosts in earlier versions – is that still an issue with this version?  Am I doing something wrong with the command?  Is there a reason I can’t feed it an account with similar access to the guest account and have it at least give me the same result?

Thanks for any information or insight you can provide,

Kale

This communication contains information that is confidential,
proprietary in nature, and may also be attorney-client privileged
and/or work product privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) or
the person responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient(s), please note that any form of dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying
to this message and delete this email immediately. Thank you for your cooperation.

Please be advised that neither Altegrity, its affiliates, its employees
or agents accept liability for any errors, omissions or damages
caused by delays of receipt or by any virus infection in this
message or its attachments, or which may otherwise arise as a
result of this e-mail transmission.

Re: rabbitmqadmin

Michael Klishin-2
 On 23 July 2014 at 21:41:03, Ganann, Kale ([hidden email]) wrote:
> > I’ve seen some issues with deleting vhosts in earlier versions
> – is that still an issue with this version?

It's not possible to tell without seeing what RabbitMQ logs when it happens.

> Am I doing something
> wrong with the command? Is there a reason I can’t feed it an account
> with similar access to the guest account and have it at least give
> me the same result?

You can use any user that has the administrator tag and access to the vhost.

Re: rabbitmqadmin

Ganann, Kale
Both users have the administrator tag, and have been give full access to that vhost, yet both get different results.  My usual admin account gets access denied, where guest just hangs.  That's what I'm trying to figure out - the closest I've gotten to an error message is that traceback.

Thanks,
Kale

On 23 July 2014 at 23:43:38, Ganann, Kale ([hidden email]) wrote:
> > Both users have the administrator tag, and have been give full
> access to that vhost, yet both get different results. My usual
> admin account gets access denied, where guest just hangs. That's
> what I'm trying to figure out - the closest I've gotten to an error
> message is that traceback.

Kale,

I highly recommend taking a look at RabbitMQ log files and posting the relevant
parts to this list. Guessing usually is not as effective.

Re: rabbitmqadmin

On 23/07/14 18:39, Ganann, Kale wrote:
> I’ve seen some issues with deleting vhosts in earlier versions – is that
> still an issue with this version?

http://www.rabbitmq.com/release-notes/README-3.3.0.txt:

26088 fix failure to delete virtual host if a queue in the virtual host
       is deleted concurrently (since 1.0.0) (incorrectly reported
       fixed in 3.2.4)

http://www.rabbitmq.com/release-notes/README-3.3.2.txt:

26176 prevent deadlock deleting virtual host with active federation
       link on single core machine (since 3.0.0)

Could either of those be what you're seeing?

Re: rabbitmqadmin

Ganann, Kale
Sounds more like B.  It seems to be the federation pieces I can't kill.

Thanks,
Kale

> I've seen some issues with deleting vhosts in earlier versions - is
> that still an issue with this version?

http://www.rabbitmq.com/release-notes/README-3.3.0.txt:

26088 fix failure to delete virtual host if a queue in the virtual host
       is deleted concurrently (since 1.0.0) (incorrectly reported
       fixed in 3.2.4)

http://www.rabbitmq.com/release-notes/README-3.3.2.txt:

26176 prevent deadlock deleting virtual host with active federation
       link on single core machine (since 3.0.0)

Could either of those be what you're seeing?

Cheers, Simon