ready-only access for users

Anita Yip
Hi,
Is it possible to have read-only access permissions for a RabbitMQ user? If yes, can you please show me how to configure that. Basically, I want a ready-only user access, so that I will be able to monitor the stats on production rabbitmq management UI. The read-only user should not be able to create/update/delete anything related to rabbitmq.
Thanks,
Anita Yip

This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary to RealPage and its affiliated companies. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, forwarding or copying of this communication is prohibited without the express permission of the sender. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message.

Re: ready-only access for users

Matthias Radestock-3
On 17/04/14 18:21, Tim Watson wrote:
> All the details for setting up permissions are outlined in
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/access-control.html. The additional access
> controls offered for management users are outlined in
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/management.html#permissions. I'm not sure you
> can tweak things to do exactly what you're asking for, but in terms of
> CRUD operations, 'management' users can only delete/close their own
> channels and connections (i.e., those that user established themselves)
> in addition to whatever AMQP permissions you grant them.

A user with with the 'monitoring' tag and no permissions in any vhost
should provide exactly what OP asked for.