set/getTimeout in RabbitMQ for PHP

Iliya Isd
Hello! Having the next problem, maybe somebody has issued that.
I'm trying to use the next function:
but nothing changes. Timeout isn't working. Thereby there's no way to avoid hanging up the site when trying to send message to rabbitMQ...
Any ideas?

Re: set/getTimeout in RabbitMQ for PHP

Alvaro Videla-2
Hi,

I've never used this library. Maybe there's a bug there. Have you tried contacted the library authors?

Regards,

Alvaro

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Iliya Isd <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello! Having the next problem, maybe somebody has issued that.
I'm trying to use the next function:
but nothing changes. Timeout isn't working. Thereby there's no way to avoid hanging up the site when trying to send message to rabbitMQ...
Any ideas?

Re: set/getTimeout in RabbitMQ for PHP

Umutcan
Hi,

There is setTimeout(),setReadTimeout(),setWriteTimeout(). setTimeout is deprecated in the latest version.

These timeouts does not work if you are having problems in connection time. They all works after client is connected. There is an issue about this: https://github.com/pdezwart/php-amqp/issues/63

Regards,
Umutcan
On 06/27/2013 10:40 AM, Alvaro Videla wrote:
Hi,

I've never used this library. Maybe there's a bug there. Have you tried contacted the library authors?

Regards,

Alvaro

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Iliya Isd <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello! Having the next problem, maybe somebody has issued that.
I'm trying to use the next function:
but nothing changes. Timeout isn't working. Thereby there's no way to avoid hanging up the site when trying to send message to rabbitMQ...
Any ideas?

Re: set/getTimeout in RabbitMQ for PHP

Amol Kedar
hi i am trying  http://github.com/videlalvaro/php-amqplib

and it keeps giving me errors
$ php amqp_consumer.php
PHP Fatal error:  Class 'PhpAmqpLib\Connection\AMQPConnection' not found in /php-amqplib/demo/amqp_consumer.php on line 10

this is on ubuntu 10.04 and PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3
any clue?

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Iliya Isd <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="VcAO5uEE5VkJ">iliy...@...> wrote:
Hello! Having the next problem, maybe somebody has issued that.
I'm trying to use the next function:
but nothing changes. Timeout isn't working. Thereby there's no way to avoid hanging up the site when trying to send message to rabbitMQ...
Any ideas?

Re: set/getTimeout in RabbitMQ for PHP

Michael Klishin-2
Amol Kedar:

> PHP Fatal error:  Class 'PhpAmqpLib\Connection\AMQPConnection' not found in /php-amqplib/demo/amqp_consumer.php on line 10
>
> this is on ubuntu 10.04 and PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3
> any clue?

If AMQPConnection cannot be found, it suggests you have a classpath
issue. Are you sure that the RabbitMQ client dependency is on classpath?

Also, I'd start a new thread for your question.

Re: set/getTimeout in RabbitMQ for PHP

Alvaro Videla-2
You need to make sure your autoload.php setupt correctly for the library. If you use composer.php that's done automatically for you. After that you need to make sure you "use" the namespace.

Amol Kedar: