silent crashes

carlhoerberg
Have a cluster (an independent cluster from the beam blocking issues reported earlier) which sometimes crashes on traffic spikes, with absolutely nothing in the logs. Apport does a crash dump, but nothing in syslog or anywhere. How can we diagnose this better?

RabbitMQ 3.3.1, Erlang 17, ubuntu 12.04

Re: silent crashes

Simon MacMullen-2
If the Erlang VM exits abnormally it will usually at least print
something to stderr. So is anything in /var/log/rabbitmq/startup_err or
/var/log/rabbitmq/startup_log? If not I'm not sure what can be done.

Cheers, Simon